Thank you for considering Struik Christian Media as your publisher.
We require new authors to submit a book proposal to us, prior to submitting complete manuscripts.
In order to guide you through the book proposal process, we have prepared a few guidelines showing what information we need from you to assist us in determining if your book proposal is in line with our publishing strategy.
book proposal may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked for the attention of: Reinata Thirion
Book Proposal Guidelines
A comprehensive book proposal consists of the following elements:
- An introduction in which you share with us your motivation, purpose and reason for embarking on this project. What would you like to achieve by having your work published?
- An outline of the contents of the book. This should be in the form of a list of chapter titles. You may like to include under each section title a few lines about that section’s contents or a list of main headings or key issues dealt with.
- A sample chapter.
- A description of the potential market. Be as specific as possible.
- Your estimate of the size of the market.
- Where you envisage the end-user will purchase your book (please be very
- specific in listing the sales channels and stores).
- An ideal price point for your book.
- Your view of the existing market. List any books already published on the topic and how yours will relate to them. Please include a statement that says what would be unique about your book in relation to existing titles.
- A description of your background and doctrinal affiliation (the basic principles of what you believe). It is usually helpful to know where you worship/fellowship.
Book proposals are thoroughly reviewed and authors are requested to submit full manuscripts if proposals are deemed in line with the publishing strategy of Struik Christian Media. Please note that we do not accept manuscripts prior to receiving comprehensive book proposals. Please note that we very often choose not to pursue projects, even where the work is of a very high standard, simply because our publication programme is set for the next period, or because the work doesn’t fit in with our publishing strategy (the work falls outside of the categories we are focusing on at any given time).
How the publishing decision is made
- If it is clear that your proposal fits in with our strategy, we will require a complete manuscript to be delivered to us. We send the material out to reviewers who assess the content and quality of writing. (Author and reviewers remain anonymous to each other.)
- If appropriate, we research the market segment and look at possible competitors, including the ones you have mentioned.
- We estimate the cost of producing the book.
- A decision is made on the basis of the reviews, the size of the market and whether or not the book is viable at a competitive price.
- The decision-making process can take up to six months, depending how quickly the reviewers respond.
Kindly note that only proposals sent electronically via email will be accepted. Please do not send book proposals via normal mail.
Please ensure that you always send us a copy and never your original material, since we do not accept responsibility for materials and we do not, as a rule, return book proposals or manuscripts.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Hierdie riglyne is ook in Afrikaans beskikbaar. Kontak ons gerus as u dit in Afrikaans wil ontvang. Struik Christelike Media publiseer ook Afrikaanse boeke in alle kategorieë.